Starting a new Drupal 8 project with the LakeDrops composer template only takes less than 3 minutes. And in that short period of time you're note only getting the code base but also a number of extra benefits:
- Pre-configured Drupal site with tested reference configuration which is a much better starting point than any of the available installation profiles.
- Docker containers to host your development environment throughout the full project's lifecycle.
- Drush and Drupal Console configured for the development environment and ready to sync with your live site.
- Git repository ready to be pushed upstream.
- SASS based custom theme with a configurable base theme ready to go with full development workflow.
- Dorgflow included which lets you contribute to drupal.org easily at any time.
In this video we will be going through these steps:
- Go to the project template: https://gitlab.lakedrops.com/composer/project/drupal-8
- Create your project
- Start your Docker containers
- Install the Drupal site
- Look around at the result
How does this project template benefit you? Well, you can either use it as is and fast-track your initial setup process for new projects with it. Or, you use this as an idea, fork it and move that in any direction you would like to take to tailor everything towards your own needs. However, if you wanted to contribute to the project to also benefit from future development and maintenance, please get in touch or simply submit you merge requests. Which ever way to prefer, we honestly hope this approach helps you and your team to become more efficient and can focus more on the really important tasks for your clients.